From harvest to table ~ what's cooking now?

This blog shows where all those garden goodies I grow end up. I call this little eating area next to the stove my "chef's table" because at all the best restaurants it's a privilege to be invited to dine in the kitchen where the chef reigns supreme. So here I am "reigning" and you are all invited. :-D

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Indulgence

My long-time frugal ways sometimes prevent me from indulging in things that, while not exactly necessary, would actually make life either easier or more fun.

Yesterday BD and I visited the new location of Hartville Hardware where I finally bought myself a magnetic knife rack.   (I'm sooo tired of keeping my chef's knives in a drawer - and in another room at that.  How inconvenient.)  This rack will be mounted near to the stove where it will do the most good.

I also splurged on a stainless steel pastry cutter.  The whole scone and buttermilk biscuit thing should be a lot more fun cutting the butter now.
 

All things bright, sharp and shiny


The candle was a gift from BD.  He knows I really enjoy having a big candle burn during the dark winter days.

Finally, the asparagus pot (a recycled plastic container) has been getting a lot of use these past couple of weeks.  I am cutting enough stalks so that I can have at least a couple every day for lunch or dinner.    Now THERE is indulgence - fresh, sweet, homegrown organic asparagus.  It doesn't get much better than that!

There.  I've installed the knife rack.  Now tell me that's not just convenient as all get out!  :-D

Click here to return to Melissa Majora main page.

2 comments:

  1. Great additions to your kitchen. I have all of them including three of the Yankee candles.

    You are so clever. Iwould never have thought about hanging that on an angle! I didn't realize how little wall space I had until I tried to find a space to hang my holder. I do love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'M off-kilter, you can bet that not everything around here is on the straight-and-level. ;-D Sure is convenient having the knife rack!

      Delete