From harvest to table ~ what's cooking now?

This blog shows where all those garden goodies I grow end up. I call this little eating area next to the stove my "chef's table" because at all the best restaurants it's a privilege to be invited to dine in the kitchen where the chef reigns supreme. So here I am "reigning" and you are all invited. :-D

Friday, December 7, 2012

Beaners

When I was little, Mom would make beans and weiners (or BEANERS for short).  Back then it was just a can of pork'n'beans and hot dog chunks.

Today my BEANERS are a little more upscale.  The franks are 100% smoked white turkey.  The beans are B&M vegetarian beans.  And, since I've a much more appreciative palatte, my mix include sauteed onions, hot and sweet pepper, garlic, celery seed, black pepper, soy,  Worcestershire sauce and a splash of balsamic vinegar.

The dish is simple, savory and oh so satisfying this time of year.

The only downer to this serving, though, is that right now I'm not eating anything with WHEAT in it.  So there is no crusty bread to soak up the sauce.  Corn chips are crunchy, but really don't do the trick.

Ah well...  I'm still looking into wheat-free bread and bakery items.  It's still early in the game, so I'm not discouraged.

Otherwise, I'm lovin' the beaners. :-D

Click here to return to Melissa Majora main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment