From harvest to table ~ what's cooking now?

This blog shows where all those garden goodies I grow end up. I call this little eating area next to the stove my "chef's table" because at all the best restaurants it's a privilege to be invited to dine in the kitchen where the chef reigns supreme. So here I am "reigning" and you are all invited. :-D

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I'm gettin' the hang of this

Spelt tortillas - toasted for crunch or steamed/grilled for wraps.

















Thicker flatbreads - easy to slice open for sandwiches:

















I didn't end up all fumble thumbs this time and could grill them as fast as I could roll them out, watch some TV and sip kefir soda.  Talk about multi-tasking!  Yay me. :-D

Click here to return to Melissa Majora main page.

2 comments:

  1. I just realized I bought some spelt flour a long time ago; it is in the freezer. I don't think it is enough to do anything with. I don't remember why....maybe to add to bread flour.

    These two look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They taste good too! A note about the spelt - it takes less liquid to hydrate than regular wheat flour, so if you add to white flour - hold up on some of the water until you see what the dough will take.

      Delete