From harvest to table ~ what's cooking now?

This blog shows where all those garden goodies I grow end up. I call this little eating area next to the stove my "chef's table" because at all the best restaurants it's a privilege to be invited to dine in the kitchen where the chef reigns supreme. So here I am "reigning" and you are all invited. :-D

Sunday, February 16, 2014

More snow = more soup

Snow, cold, winter winter winter.

Okay, back to the kitchen.

Made up a double batch of fresh chicken soup.  You just cannot go wrong with chicken soup.  So good for what ails you.

I like mine with crispy rice noodles on top.  I like the crunch.

But one cannot depend on just soup alone to lift one's spirits.

As my main blog post shows,  I feel better as I enjoy the bright colors from my new TV.

That works just as well in the kitchen.  Check out this spectacular salad - some greens from the store, some from my own growing in the basement.  It's almost too pretty to eat!


Okay, enough eye candy. Let's eat!

Do you take time to make your meals bright and colorful?  And does it help?

Click here to return to Melissa Majora main page.

5 comments:

  1. That salad looks so delicious! It positively shouts for warmer weather. For your sakes I hope it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, soup and salad will take care of any winter blues. I love something crunchy on both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the pretties salad I have ever seen! Now I am trying to figure out what all you have in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking pomegranate seeds, sunflower seeds, red onions, I know I am missing another seed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS a pretty salad, isn't it? And so simple. There are mixed greens, sunflower seeds, pomegranate seeds and red onion drizzled with homemade sweet/sour dressing. Some of the little leaves are from the basement boxes. Talk about fresh!

    ReplyDelete