From harvest to table ~ what's cooking now?

This blog shows where all those garden goodies I grow end up. I call this little eating area next to the stove my "chef's table" because at all the best restaurants it's a privilege to be invited to dine in the kitchen where the chef reigns supreme. So here I am "reigning" and you are all invited. :-D

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Ole


It was another raw and windy day.  I've done soups, sandwiches, chili and salads to death lately and wanted something - zingy.

Rooting around in the cupboard I found a jar of salsa and a can of refried black beans. 

I mixed a half-cup of salsa with the beans and spread them in a Corning pie dish.  Then I spread some hot pickled peppers on top, crumbled on some sharp cheddar, and dribbled on more salsa.

Covered with Seran wrap, the dish went into the microwave for 5 minutes on high.   Meanwhile I heated up some corn taco shells and diced up some good red onion.

*DING*

A hot, spicy, totally non-boring lunch was served.  Ole!

Three taco shells take 1/3 of the beans, so I have 2 more meals ready for later.

Is this looong winter starting to wear on your palate too?

Click here to return to Melissa Majora main page.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, that's similar to a quick supper I put together sometimes if I can't be bothered to cook. Add grated cheese & avocado and it's a full meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, sometimes all I want is hot and simple and spicy.

      Delete