From harvest to table ~ what's cooking now?

This blog shows where all those garden goodies I grow end up. I call this little eating area next to the stove my "chef's table" because at all the best restaurants it's a privilege to be invited to dine in the kitchen where the chef reigns supreme. So here I am "reigning" and you are all invited. :-D

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Turkey soup - encore

This year's Thanksgiving bird turned out well.  I roasted in an oven bag for a couple of hours, let it cool, then dismembered it.

Between my friend and I we served sliced turkey, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, baked carrots and cranberry sauce. 

You'd never notice that it was a low fat, low carb and gluten free meal.  And it was delicious!

On Sunday I made stock out of the bones, simmering a big bowl of carrots, potatoes and celery along with them.

After several hours, I fished out the veg, strained the stock and jarred it up to gel in the 'fridge overnight.

Since then I've been enjoying lots of turkey soup. 

And simple - pile some cold veg in a bowl, toss in a handful of chopped turkey, dollop in about a cup of gelled stock and add a handful of fresh kale.  Sprinkle with pepper and garlic, pop it into the microwave for a couple of minutes and - presto.  Gourmet goodness.

And it's STILL low carb, low fat and gluten free.

Getting tired of my endless soup/stock posts.  Wait until the next one when I show you the incredible gluten-free dessert Dave whipped up.  Honestly, that guy is half chef, half alchemist!

Click here to return to Melissa Majora main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment