From harvest to table ~ what's cooking now?

This blog shows where all those garden goodies I grow end up. I call this little eating area next to the stove my "chef's table" because at all the best restaurants it's a privilege to be invited to dine in the kitchen where the chef reigns supreme. So here I am "reigning" and you are all invited. :-D

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

GF chicken noodle soup

Traditionally my chicken soup is about the same as my turkey soup: broth, potatoes, carrots, chick peas, green beans, a bit of corn and meat.  Both are nice, but the turkey soup has way more flavor (well, so does the turkey).

The chicken flavor sort of gets lost in the veg.

Today I'm a bit under the weather and wanted some old-fashioned chicken soup - like in a can.  (Guess I'm sicker than I thought!)

So I tried something today.  Chicken broth, carrots, celery, some dried onion bits and a few frozen peas and meat.  Then, I dug through my stash of corn pasta and lamented they don't seem to make corn noodles.  But wait!

I didn't know I had a package of corn fettucine!  Flat - like noodles.  Hey!  So I broke the fettucine into 2" pieces (3 oz) and cooked it up seperately.

Then I added the pasta to the soup.  VOILA!

Chicken noodle soup (with extra garlic, parsley, salt & pepper).

Hot and savory. Yummers.

At least I think it's yummers.  LOL While Coldeze really REALLY helps shorten a cold, it does sort of change the flavor of things - kinda turns down the flavor volume so to speak. 

But just look at it - it's got to be delicious! :-D

Click here to return to Melissa Majora main page.

2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious. This is definitely hot soup weather. I just told Max I planned to fix a soup meal for us at least once a week and maybe more often.

    Your recipes give me a good base. Thanks friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, glad you find something interesting here. :-D Looking forward to some soup post on your blog soon.

      Delete